Greetings Crownpoint Middle School (CMPS) Parents and Community:
I am Dr. Morris, your Principal for Crownpoint Middle School. On behalf of CPMS staff, I welcome you to the 2021-2022 School Year! Even though this is my first year with Gallup McKinley School District, I have also served as a principal in other states for several years.
I am looking forward to a productive school year with you and to ensure that your child will have the opportunity to achieve at their highest potential. For their academic success to happen, the responsibility must be forged between parents and school therefore a strong partnership with you will make a huge difference.We are a committed staff at CPMS therefore we ask that you support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1. attends school every day and arrive on time so that instructional activities can begin promptly
2. completes classwork and homework daily
3. conducts their weekly grade checks and communicate with their teachers if they have questions and concerns (we also encourage parents to conduct weekly grade checks in Synergy and to communicate with their child’s teachers)
4. is enrolled in our After Hour Academy (AHA) if their grade is in jeopardy
5. exercise respect and appropriate behavior while in class and on school campus
Looking ahead… Get ready to mark your calendar for future invites to our Title 1 Parent Meeting as well as our Academic and Cultural Programs during second semester.
Once again, we look forward to working with you this school year. Together, we will create the success your child deserves.
Dr. KP Morris, Principal – Crownpoint Middle School